Is your kids fussy eating vegetable but more fond of eggs?? Here is a simple technique where you can make an omelet using finely chopped vegetables and feed your kids a healthy vegetable platter along with protein and fat. I usually prepare whenever I prepare veggie dosa varieties.
Egg - 2
Finely chopped vegetables (carrot,beans, cabbage) - 1 cup
Onions - 1
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. Finely chop the vegetables as shown in picture.
2. Heat oil in a pan, fry the onions first followed by adding all veggies.
3. Fry about 2-3 minutes and add the red chilli powder, Turmeric powder, coriander powder, Jeera powder and salt
4. Cover and cook in medium flame until soft. Put off the flame.
5. On the other side break an egg and spread as an omelet on a hot tawa.
6. Add a scoop of cooked veggies on top of it and spread evenly
7. Sprinkle pepper and salt. Flip the other side and let it cook in low flame
8. Transfer to a plate and serve.
- Adding vegetables varies according your preferences. But these three veggies takes even time to get cooked.
- You can also beat the egg and mix these veggies for making an omelet.
- I prefer this method mainly to avoid the smell of egg in the vessel while beating the egg :-)
- Cook in low flame