When it comes for chicken I prefer chilli chicken and kebab and chicken lollipop is my all time favorite when I step in restaurants. Being a non vegetarian dining out for a vegetarian food will never be my choice. Some restaurant have a fried variety of lollipops and few places they serve with combined taste of both spice and tangy. Here is the recipe of similar version.
Chicken - 250 gms (lollipop pieces)
Buttermilk - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep fry
To marinate :
Red chilli powder -1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp
To Saute :
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp (soaked in water to form paste)
Ginger - 1/4 inch
Garlic- 3 pods
Oil - 1 tsp
1. Wash the chicken pieces
2. Soak in butter milk for about 1 hour
3. Remove and drain out water completely
4. Add Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Pepper powder and salt.
5. Mix well and add corn flour
6. Rub evenly and set aside for about 15 minutes
7. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated pieces
8. Drain out in tissue paper
9. Meanwhile make a paste of red chilli powder, finely chop onion, garlic and ginger.
11. Saute for half a minute and add onions
12. When onion turn slight pink add the red chilli powder paste.
13. Fry until raw smell leaves off in low flame. You can also add a tsp of tomato sauce in this stage if you wish.
14. Add about 3 tbsp of water to get gravy consistency. Sprinkle some salt too.
15. Now add in fried lollipop pieces.
16. Toss well and serve hot.
- Soaking in buttermilk makes the chicken to be tender.
- The tossing of fried pieces with fried onion will give a fine sweetness and spice to the recipe.
- Serve with onion and lemon