|Pepper Chicken Gravy|
Pepper Chicken will be an inviting recipe of chicken for those who stick on chicken most of the times in cooking non-veg. This is very simple recipe which doesn't require much effort and grinding process other than pepper and spice powders along with added salt to taste.
Chicken - 1/2 Kg
Onion - 1 sliced
Green chill - 1
Curry leaves - few
Cinnamon Powder - 2 pinches
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Spice Powders (turmeric, Chilli, Coriander, Pepper) - As required
Salt - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice - from 1/2 lemon
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat oil a pan, add cinnamon powder, onions, slit chill, curry leaves and fry well.
2. After about 2 minutes add ginger garlic paste and fry well.
3. Fry until raw smell leaves off.
4. Add in chicken pieces.
5. Cover with laid and cook for about 5 minutes in low flame.
7. Now add in all the spice powders.
8. Along with chill powder and salt
9. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
11. Use half lemon for juice.
12. Add in chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
13. Give a fine stir and put off the flame. If you would like a gravy consistency add additional spice powders and water
14. Else the pepper chicken would be in semi gravy form as seen in the picture.
- This can be served as starter along with rice and roti.
- Do not cook after adding lemon juice.
- Adjust spice powders according to your requirement. I used more of pepper instead other spice powders.