This recipe is so simple and an awaiting recipe I wanted to try after years... During my college days I had couple of friends from Kerala,where I spend my time with them to learn Malayalam. Once I went to their room as usual and to my luck I got this simple recipe. They were not having any spice powders in hand other than salt and chilli powder.With the request of a friend they started marinating, slicing onion and frying a long time this recipe and it doesn't spoil up expectation. Its a perfect simple fried chicken on tawa. This recipe can be categorized as Tandoori.
Chicken - 250 gms
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
1. Clean, wash and drain out the water completely. Add red chilli powder and salt.
2. Allow it to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Cut the onions into thin slices.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add the sliced onions and fry well.
5. Cover with a lid and fry in medium flame.
6. Fry until golden brown. It takes about 15-20 minutes for the onion to get fry.
7. Add in marinated chicken.
8. Mix well, cover with lid and place the fried onions over the pieces and allow it to cook.
9. After about 20 minutes the chicken and onions gets blended together and will be fried as shown in the picture.
10. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy the platter with onion and lemon.
- Cover with lid and fry both the chicken and onion.
- Give a fine stir in between and let it cook in medium flame. Its a perfect and simple starter on kadai.
- Serving with onion and lemon would be a better choice. Its quite a simple recipes for bachelors.