|Simple Mutton pepper Fry|
This method of preparing pepper fry is very simple with just onions and pepper powder. This recipe is regular method of preparing traditional mutton varuval(Mutton fry) but the difference is just replace all the spices with pepper powder which would be totally a simple and different taste from the regular fry we make.
Cooked Mutton - 1 bowl (Refer Step 1,2 & 3)
Garlic- 1 full
Green chilli -2-3
Pepper corns - 2 tsp
Clove-Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt as required
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil, add clove cinnamon powder.
2. (Choice 1)Add cleaned mutton and pressure cook adding salt, 3 tsp of mutton masala, 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
3. (Choice 2) Else you can drain out the pieces from the traditional curry you make for preparing this pepper fry. (I always follow this method)
4. Slice the garlic, onion,slit the green chilli
5. Dry roast pepper corns and grind to coarse powder.
6. Heat oil, add mustard seeds and curry leaves
7. Add sliced onion, chilli and garlic. Fry until golden brown.
8. Add the cooked mutton pieces and add just 1 tsp of mutton masala if you require.
9. When the mutton gets cooked evenly with onion and the flavor of chilli add the pepper powder along with the salt.
10. Fry for about a minute or two and put off the flame.
11. Simple mutton pepper fry is ready to serve
- We always prepare a kuzhambu/Curry along with a varuval/dry gravy using the pieces.
- So I always drain out the pieces from the curry.
- Adding mutton masala is just get a coating of masala in the fry. I generally add for other type of varuval,but here I haven't added because of adding pepper powder.
- Initially frying of Mutton with clove-cinnamon powder gives the mutton a better flavor once cooked without any much spices.
|Simple Mutton Pepper Fry|