|Kadai Chicken Recipe|
Kadai Chicken is a very regular menu served in the restaurants which would be a good combo for Rotis and even with Rice. This is a dry recipe and another version can also be made in gravy form. This is a North Indian cuisine which is prepared with freshly grounded spices. Though I prepare gravy form with different method,this dry recipe is just for change tried from sharmispassion. Click here for the original recipe.
Chicken -250 gms
Tomato - 2
Onion - 1
Whole spices - Clove,cardamom, bay leaf
Ginger garlic paste - 1.5 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Lemon - 1/2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
To roast and grind :
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Dry red chilli - 2
Peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
Jeera/cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1inch
1. Wash the chicken and drain out excess water. I used half the quantity from the picture shown.
2. Chop in medium cubes.
3. Dry roast the ingredients listed under to roast and grind.
4. Allow it to cool and roast it to a coarse powder.
5. Marinate the chicken with half the quantity of grounded powder, salt,red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and turmeric powder.
6. Mix well and set aside for 2-3 hours.
7. Heat oil, add the whole spices and onion.
8. Fry until translucent and add the remaining ginger-garlic paste.
9. Add the tomato puree and the remaining ground masala. Fry until raw smell goes off.
10. Add the marinated chicken.
11. Mix well and et it cook for 5 minutes.
12. Add 3/4 cup of water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
13. Once pressure is down, garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Transfer to a bowl and serve hot.
- I used boneless chicken. You can also use with bone.
- Either use thick kadai else use a pressure cooker to cook the chicken until soft.
- If you want in a gravy form add 1 tomato extra and a tsp of red chilli powder. But will be posting be soon the recipe of Kadai chicken gravy form.
- You can also 1 tsp of cashew paste.(3-4 cashews soaked and grind)
|Kadai Chicken Recipe (Dry)|