|Crispy Chicken Popcorn|
Chicken Popcorn is one of the recipe where the chicken lovers would never have missed the opportunity to taste these crispy bites. AM a very big fan of KFC but after my kid I generally don't prefer eating outside that too mainly non-veg foods. I feel its better to serve the home made foods rather than the carry outs. So here is my try out for chicken popcorn which turned out really good.
Chicken fillets - 250 gms
Egg - 1
Milk -1/4 cup
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Maida/All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Onion Powder - 2 tbsp
Garlic powder - 1.5 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Baking soda - 1 pinch
Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Clean the chicken fillets, wash and drain out water completely.
2. Cut them into fine cubes.
3. In a bowl mix Red chilli powder,pepper powder, salt, sugar,onion & garlic powder, baking soda and mix well evenly
4.In a separate bowl add milk and egg. whisk well.
5. Set in all your ingredients ready.
6. First roll the chicken pieces in flour mix.
7. Next dip in egg mix.
8. Finally roll in the bread crumbs.
9. Repeat the process by rolling the chicken pieces i flour mixture, egg mixture and breadcrumbs and set ready
10. Heat oil a pan and add the chicken balls in batches.
11. Do not add too much of balls at a time. Keep the flame in medium and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown.
12. Drain out the fried balls in a separate pan.
13. Place it on a tissue paper and serve with any dipping of your choice.
- You can use white pepper powder instead black pepper.
- If you find paprika powder use instead of red chilli powder. This gives the chicken balls a vibrant color.
- I love with mayonnaise, you can even taste with tomato ketchup's.
- If the chicken pieces are harder, soak them in buttermilk for about 4-5 hours to get it softer.
- You can also sprinkle little salt in the bread crumbs if you wish. I just added a pinch after one batch of frying the popcorn.