Deep fried chilly chicken is all-time favorite for most of the chicken lovers..This is one of the simple and easy method of preparing a kabab using chicken. This would be kids favorite because of added sauces and hope you guys try at home.
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Curry leaves - 1 stick
To grind as paste:
Red Chilli powder - 2 tbsp (I used Kashmirilal)
Corn flour - 4 tbsp
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Ginger - 1/2 inch size
Garlic - 4 pods
Curd - 1 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1/4 ts
Tomato sauce - 2 tsp
Vinegar/Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 2 tsp
1. Grind the listed ingredients all together to a very fine paste.
2. Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces using the paste. Deep freeze for about 1 hour.
3. Heat oil in a thick kadai and add curry leaves along with the marinated chicken.
4.Deep fry until they are cooked tender and transfer to a separate pan to drain oil.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy with ring onions.
- Clean and chop the chicken to even pieces if you find it too big.
- Grinding the ingredients will help you get a very fine paste of ginger and garlic.
- This also helps in even and easy mixing for marinating.
- Either refrigerate or allow in room temperature for about 2 hours. This helps the masala for even binding.
- I used Kashmiri lal red chilli powder which gave a vibrant color.
- Do not use food colors.
How to save oil while deep frying???
- Use a deep kadai.
- Use little oil required for about frying 4to 5 pieces.
- At the end you might be even using 1 two pieces for frying.
- Finally about 1 tbsp of oil would be left over at the maximum and you can discard it.