|Palak Muttai Poriyal|
Usually I will make keerai/Spinach egg fry using drumstick leaves. Because am not getting drumstick leaves in the place where am staying, I totally missed out the recipe in my regular menu. But my sister in law once prepared this egg poriyal using palak and the combination was perfect. Here is the stepwise recipe to go with.
Palak - 1 small bunch
Eggs - 3
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
Shallots - 4
Dry red chilli - 2
Salt - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Set ready with your ingredients. Wash and chop the palak, onions.
2. Heat oil in pan add mustard and channa dal.
3.Add onions, dry chilli and saute for about a minute.
4. Add the palak, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Fry well until the palak is cooked completely.
6. Break in two eggs.
7. Cook in medium flame and keep mixing evenly.
8. Fry well until the egg and palak mix together like burji.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl.
|Keerai Muttai Poriyal|
- I showed two eggs added in the picture. Adding additional eggs is of your choice.
- I have added one more after clicking my pictures,beacuse of sudden change in head count :)
- Sprinkle salt, cover and cook the spinach.
- You can also use finely chopped big onions.
|Palak egg burji|