I always prefer making omelet using eggs than in boiled form. The main reason is of its smell. But whenever it comes as a non veg party or have a friends get together prepared omelets become hard and so choice would be boiled eggs. This recipe of simply frying or sauteing the eggs with just turmeric powder and cumin seeds removes odor and gives a colorful appearance when served on plate. Also kids love to eat when they find something different..:)
Eggs - 2
Jeera/cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder -Less than 1/4 tsp
Salt - just to sprinkle
Oil -1 tsp
1. Boil the eggs and make slit around the sides as shown.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, eggs and saute well in low flame. Keep tossing until all the sides are roasted evenly.
3. When fried completely, sprinkle some salt and transfer to a plate.
- You can also add some salt when boiling the egg too.
- I do not add to avoid too much salt consumption.
- You can also deep fry the eggs by adding just turmeric powder in oil.