|Chettinad Mutton Gravy|
Getting bored always with traditional style of mutton curry in the weekends :( So, I wanted to change out my recipe in the form of gravy. From long back I had a thought of preparing mutton curry in chettinad style. This weekend was my right time to prepare, because my hubby doesn't prefer any other method of preparing non-veg recipes as they contains more of masalas and spices :( That is the reason I always make mutton curry in traditional method. Here is the step wise picture to go with :) :)
Mutton - 500gm
Whole spices - 1 or 2 each (clove,cinnamon,bay leaf)
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Chettinad masala powder - 5 tbsp
Oil -3 tbsp
Crystal salt - 4 to 5 tsp
To grind as paste:
Coconut - 1 cup
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Khus-Khus - 1/2 tsp
1. Set aside all the required ingredients.
2. Prepare Chettinad masala powder and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pressure pan and add the whole spices.
4. Add the sliced onion, slit chilli, curry leaves and fry well.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
6. Now add turmeric powder and fry until mushy.
7. At this stage add ginger garlic paste. Fry for just a minute.
8. Now ad din the chettinad masala powder and cleaned mutton pieces.
9. Give a quick stir as the masala powder tend to burn easily.
10. Add about 3 cups (~1/2 liter) and required salt.
11. Pressure cook for about 5 to 6 whistles.
12. Meanwhile make a fine paste of ingredients given under to grind.
13. Release the pressure and you can find oil had come out.
14. Now add in the grind ed paste and cook well.
15. When all masala get blended with each other put off flame and garnish coriander leaves.
16. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with ring onions.
|Mutton Curry (Chettinad style)|
- You can increase or decrease adding of spices according to your taste preference.
- The masala powder can either be prepared fresh or can be prepared and stored already.
- You can also extract coconut milk and add to the gravy.
- Reduce the water content for cooking if you wish to add coconut milk.
- Also do not cook for long time after adding coconut milk. Just put off the flame in 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take care to cook in medium flame if adding coconut milk.
|Chettinad Mutton curry|