Grated Coconut -1 cup
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Tamarind water -2 tbsp
Saunf/fennel seeds -1/2 tsp
Curry leaves -few
Green chilli -2
To fry and grind
Dry red chilli -3
Channa dal -1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 inch
- Heat oil in a pan, fry cinnamon,cloves,onion,channa dal,tomato and cook until mushy.
- To the above fried items add coconut,saunf and grind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in separate pan,add mustard,onion,green chilled,curry leaves and saute for about a minute.
- Now add in chopped tomatoes and fry well. Add the grinded paste and fry well.
- Add 3 glass of water,turmeric powder,salt,tamarind water and allow it to boil well.
- When it reaches the gravy form break the eggs into the gravy and mix well evenly.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- This egg kurma would serve a better side dish for roti/Chappathi.
- Adding tamarind water is tried out with the idea of my friend. It tastes good but I like the curry without tamarind juice.