After celebrating Pongal in my Village I was thinking to give you all a spicy recipe of non veg.Coriander chicken fry is a dry starter dish. This recipe does not require much of ingredients and not consume much time also the chicken is pressure cooked and fried with pepper and coriander. The aroma of coriander blends well with the chicken and the pepper touch gives a spicy taste for a cool weather.
Chicken – ½ kg
Onion – 3
Green chilli – 2
Curry leaves – 1 stick
Garlic -4 pods
Coriander leaves -1 ½ cup
Pepper powder -3-4 tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Mustard -1/2 tsp
Lemon – 1/2
Oil -2 tbsp
Salt as required
1. Pressure cook chicken with salt and turmeric powder with adequate amount of water(1 cup)
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry mustard. Let it splutter.
3. Now add finely sliced onion, slit green chillies, curry leaves and fry well. Add the crushed garlic pieces and sauté for a while.
4. Add the cooked chicken and put red chilli powder, pepper powder and stir well for 10 minutes. Add salt (check before adding salt as the chicken is cooked already with little salt) and finely chopped coriander leaves.
5. Cook well till the aroma of coriander leaves blends with chicken.Now squeeze out the lemon juice to it and stir well.
6. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
|Coriander Pepper fried Chicken|
- If required add water in between for the chicken to become tender.
- Cook in low flame and take care such that the chicken should not get burnt. You can use crushed pepper too