This is a not a long step process gravy but an awesome gravy which goes well with Roti/Chapathi and also a better combo with Rice. The gravy tastes perfect whem cooked in low flame where the spice powders and masalas gets incorporated with the chicken pieces and gravy. The gravy would be a simple reicpe for bachelors to enjoy their weekend spice up homecooked foods and here we go with the recipe :-)
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Clove Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Cardamom - 1
Bay leaf - 1
Finely chopped onion- 1 cup (2 Nos)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Tomato - 1 big
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1.5 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Chicken masala powder - 2 tsp
Water - 1.5 cup
Salt - 1.5 tbsp
Cashew (9)+curd (2 tsp) - Soaked and ground as paste
Mint& coriander leaves - a handful
Oil - 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation :
1. Make powder of Clove and Cinnamon and use 1/4 tsp of it.
2. Heat oil in a pan add Clove cinnamon powder, bay leaf and cardamom
3. Add chopped onions
4. When onions turn pink add ginger garlic paste
5. Saute for half a minute
6. Add chopped tomatoes
7. Add Turmeric powder, redd chilli powder and salt
8. Fry until raw smell goes off
9. Add cashew curd paste
10. Stir well for 2 minutes
11. Add chicken, a handful of coriander leaves, mint leaves,garam masala powder
12. Mix well, cover and cook
13. Add 3/4 cup of hot water.
14. After 5 minutes add chicken masala powder
14. Add another half cup water, keep covered and let the chicken cook
15. Put off the flame once the pieces are tender and oil separates.
- Adjust water according to your requirement of consistency of gravy/curry
- If you are cooking in low flame 1.5 is the maximum water to be consumed.
- Add hot water if you want to add in between to keep the chicken soft and tender, else they tend to become hard.
- Cook each masala well until the raw smell goes off
- Bachelors when they feel grinding is a tedious process just add 2 tbsp of curd and add the soaked cashews into the gravy.
|Chicken Curry without coconut|